i am satisfying my school craving a bit by filling out a grad school application. hopefully byu wants me back this fall :) i found out today that i got a 5.5 on the analytical writing section, which is in the 94th percentile! yay me! that makes up for me being in the 27th percentile on the math section (hahaha.... when i told my dad that, he laughed and said i think you picked the right field. i think so too, dad!)
despite being a little listless and not really knowing what to do with myself, there are many things i already know i'll enjoy about post undergraduate life:
1. being able to read whatever i want, whenever i want. yippee! i just finished laddie, by gene stratton porter, and am just starting stones into schools by greg mortenson and the count of monte cristo by alexandre dumas. i'm definitely enjoying the ability to start on my ever-increasing book list :)
2. no homework. fortunately for me, i enjoyed a lot of my homework, because i loved my major. i loved reading great literature and writing and such, but when it all starts to pile up and the to-do list gets longer and longer and the papers get longer and longer and i start to get more and more tired... it becomes less and less enjoyable! so while i liked a great deal of my homework assignments, it will be very nice to have a break from the load. if i get into grad school, i will be expecting more of the same plus some, but for now, i will thank heaven for my extra time.
by the look of it, i should be able to survive the life of a college graduate (i may be speaking prematurely, but i plan to make the best of whatever unexpected curve balls come my way).
and in closing: i've been thinking about a few ideas for in-the-near-future blog posts, like:
1. my 2011 goals (meaning my goals for the year 2011, not my 2,011 goals)
2. 2010 in review (mostly pictures)
3. top 10 list of things i learned at byu (ranging from the ridiculous to the serious)
4. names for my future pets
so be expecting these in the very near future!