Tuesday, February 21, 2012

i miss you!

every time i think about this blog, i feel a little guilty because i never post anymore and i wish i did! the fact that i'm maintaining two other blogs for classes this semester may have something to do with it, but i still miss my little blog. let me share a few things about my life currently:

  1. i am now 27 YEARS OLD, as of yesterday. it feels so WIERD. 
  2. i had a delightful president's day weekend with my roommates and my family. my roommates and i went down to zion national park for a day and a half, and then went down to st george for the rest of the break. it was lovely, save for the flat tire. ah, mi vida. 
  3. this weekend has been great because i've actually gotten consistent sleep. let's see if i keep the trend coming throughout this week. 
  4. i'm probably going to get a kindle for my to take to england with me. i have to bring a ton of books with me, and rather than pay extra money to bring all my books with me in my incredibly heavy suitcases, i'm going to get a kindle. this actually makes me cry inside a little because i really don't like the idea of reading without the book. i am 100% an advocate of the printed word so i feel like a hypocrite. please don't make fun of me. 
  5. i love my students so MUCH this semester. they are my favorite class so far. granted, it's only the second semester i've taught, but so far, these kids are so fantastic. don't tell my last semester's class that they are now second best. 
i'll stop there (: oh, one last word: 

downton abbey second season season finale = FANTASTIC. it made most of the mid-season eye rolls worth it. 

3 comments:

Amanda Raybould said...

Can you get textbooks on tablets??? That's such a great idea!! Glad you had a fun birthday (minus the flat tires.. but it'll make for an unforgettable birthday thats for sure!) When do you fly into London?? Miss you Nat!! x

jessica renae said...

i'm SHOCKED. but not making fun of you. you have a legitimate reason...so it's justifiable that you get a kindle. also, i've missed this blog a TON, but i'm glad you're having fun with the others and that you're doing a blog for the class you're teaching!! i miss you! :)

Mrs Buchanan said...

I'm considering getting a Kindle as well. A part of me resists, but another part of me likes the idea or always having a lightweight book with me. It would be really nice to have for travel...I don't know what to do! Let me know what you think when you get yours.